Friday, October 24, 2014

Review of Evernight by Claudia Gray

Title : Evernight

Author : Claudia Gray

Series : Evernight series, book 1

Genre : YA-Fantasy

Publication date :  February 9th 2009

My rating : 4.5 out of 5 stars "close to perfection"

Note : Borrowed this book from the library




Synopsis (from goodreads ) :

Bianca wants to escape. 

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him
.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would." 

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.
My opinion :

Holy cow ! Yeah reading the blurb gives you pretty much the "twilight" image ( not that I have something against twilight, I haven't even read the books ! ) but you just don't know how much wrong you are by thinking that this is like twilight. Anyway I am not going to resume the story because if I will I will have to talk about the plot and that would spoil the beauty of the book. All I
want to say is that this one is defintely one of my favorites. However the book is not  flawless so naturally there were things that I liked and things I didn't like.

What I liked :

I loved the plot ! To me it was so unexpected, I seriously didn't see that coming ( Maybe I'm the only one! ) I pretty much liked all the charcters, they were all great. I also like Bianca and Lucas' relationship/love, it was really beautiful. Also there is no love triangle, how great is that ? Bianca knows what she wants and she doesn't hesitate when it comes to her love for Lucas. She is stronger than she thinks!

What I didn't like :

The only thing that I didn't love was the instalove! For me It ruined the fact that book could have been perfect. I mean seriously she just met the guy and she can't stop thinking about him, she talked to him only once and she thinks that they became best friends and stuff, that's not how it works in real life and everyone knows that! So I must admit that I wasn't fond of the book at the very beginning just because of that ( it's the only reason why I gave it 4.5 stars and not 5 ). 

Conclusion : 

This book was totally wort reading. I loved it and it could have been perfect but oh well. Anyway I enjoyed reading it very much and it's definetely one of my favorites. I can't wait to read the sequels, I already have the second one but I'll wait untill I get my hands on the other ones too ^^ 

Recommend it : To all the vampire fans out there, you'll definetely love this one, trust me !

                                                                           xoxo

P.S : I used the french cover because let's face it, it's gorgeous! ( yes I read in french except arc books !! )

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about this book, but it's still buried on my TBR shelf! Thanks for your review, it reminded me how much I wanted to read it! (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields
    ( http://ufbooks.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a great book!!
      You're welcome , I hope you'll like it as much as I did :)

      Delete