Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review of Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

Title : Illusions of Fate

Author : Kiersten White

Series : Standalone

Genre : Fantasy

Publication date : September 9th, 2014

My rating : 4.5 out of 5 stars " almost perfect "

Note : I own a copy of this book ( ebook )




 Blurb ( from goodreads ) : 

“I did my best to keep you from crossing paths with this world. And I shall do my best to protect you now that you have.”

Jessamin has been an outcast since she moved from her island home of Melei to the dreary country of Albion. Everything changes when she meets Finn, a gorgeous, enigmatic young lord who introduces her to the secret world of Albion’s nobility, a world that has everything Jessamin doesn’t—power, money, status…and magic. But Finn has secrets of his own, dangerous secrets that the vicious Lord Downpike will do anything to possess. Unless Jessamin, armed only with her wits and her determination, can stop him.



My opinion :

I must admit, I got interested in this book because of the cover ( let's just face it, it's gorgeous ), it was so beautiful that I couldn't resist. I was also drawn by the description later because oh well who doesn't like magic right ? I was eager to read it and I am glad that I did because I wasn't dissapointed at all, I absolutely loved it. It doesn't look on the cover and it is not mentionned in the description but it does have a historical feel. 

What I liked :

Let's see, from where do I start ? There were so many things I liked about this book starting with the characters. I instantly loved Jessamin, she is fun and smart and I loved being in her head. Then there is Finn, "dashing" Finn, I grew quite fond of him as the story progressed and I absolutely adored his relationship with Jessamin. Jessamin and Finn were absolutely adorable, I loved them ! 
The story was very interesting : magic mixed with real world ( everyone likes that right ?!!? ). Anyways, this book was a mix of everything I like, magic, romance, emotions, humour, entertaining and not to mention that it is beautifully written.


What I didn't like :

Just a tiny thing : I felt that there wasn't enough characters and that the story was only centered on four characters and thus, we  don't get to see  much of the secondary characters. Not a big deal to me but it was quite disappointing.


Conclusion :

A book that I enjoyed very much. I was a little bit dissapointed though that there wasn't a sequel, but oh well, I got my happy ending so I'm happy ^__^ ! 


Recommend it : To everyone who is looking for something entertaining.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this! I remember loving it, especially Mr. Bird! Wonderful review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Mr.Bird was indeed very sweet, loved him too ! And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great read! The fact that there aren't that many characters is sometimes a good thing.. I get lost and confused when an author throws too many people into the mix.. especially with no sequels. The reader doesn't get to know the MC's as well! Great review (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you but what I wanted was to see more of the secondary characters, to know them a little better.
      And thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many amazing things about this book I'm excited to pick it up one day! Great review :)

    ~Riv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it if you get a chance to read it one day :) Thank you ^^

      Delete
  4. Love your blog :) Happy Monday!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover...so beautiful! Great review!
    New follower on Google +! :)
    Miranda's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover for this book so much! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I haven't picked it up myself yet... sadly its just sitting on my bookshelf looking pretty. *Sigh* So many books, such little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually read the book because of the cover haha ! Well, I hope you decide to read it one day, it's really enjoyable ^^

      Delete