Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Title : The Young Elites

Author : Marie Lu

Series : The Young Elites #1

Genre : Fantasy

Publication date : October 7th, 2014

My rating : 5 out of 5 stars " Perfect "

Note : I own a copy of this book ( ebook )




Synopsis ( from amazon ) :

I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.

My opinion : 

I first read this book when it came out and didn't got the time to review it. Sooo, I decided to re-read it now that I'm on holidays and write a review just to show people how awesome this book was !! 
Honestly, I give 3 stars and 4 stars quiet easily, but 5 stars, for me, a book has to deserve it, and this one, trust me, totally did. 
I confess, I wasn't expecting much when I first decided to read it, I had just read a review of a friend who was litterally  praising it ! And curious as I am, I thought why not give it a shot! And when I did, I was so eager to know what was going to happen next I couldn't put it down and I didn't want to eat...ok now I'm a bit exagerating...
But seriously, throughout the whole book I was like this : 



What I liked : 

I didn't like everything, I loved everything.
But I do believe that what I enjoyed most about this book was the fact that the main characters are no super-heroes. Adelina's not a saint, she's not like the usual protagonist all nice and pretty, fighting the bad, who always makes good choices and...well you got the idea...! But it's not just Adelina, I loved all the other characters and I have to say that Adelina and Enzo are definitely my favorite ones. Not to mention Raffaele, a male courtesan, so uncommon....he's great! 
And then, there is the italian touch...bellissimo.

What Ididn't like :

Although some say that it has its flaws, I seriously didn't find any...for me, the book is freaking flawless !!

Conclusion : 

Definitely one of my favorites. I would love to see this made in to a movie, how great would that be ?! 
Besides that, I can't wait to see what happens next. 

Recommend it : I do believe everyone would love this, so I say everyone should read it !

4 comments:

  1. Ahh.. absolutely cannot wait for The Rose Society to release in October! Marie Lu has a great talent and I have loved every single one of her books! So glad to hear you enjoyed it :)
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for it either, I just hope it will be as good as this one! As for Marie Lu, this was the first book I read of hers but it certainly won't be the last ;)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this book so much! It was so original and just followed me long after I read it.
    I found your blog through a Goodreads post. New follower via Google+ and Bloglovin'. Please check out my blog and follow back.

    Carrie @The Book Goddess
    http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a great book, I'm glad you liked it !
      Thanks for following, I'll make sure to check your blog and follow :)

      Delete