Friday, August 28, 2015

Back To School Book Haul !

Okay guys, so this is actually the first time I am sharing a book haul, I have seen other bloggers doing it  and I think it's fun, so I decided to do it too *yay*


So as you all may ( or may not ) know that September is coming, and with September...comes school !

                            

Anyway, just yesterday I was at the supermarket buying the necessary things for school and all that stuff and guess what I found...: BOOKS !!! 
And, ladies and gentlemen, I have a confession to make *hides behind a curtain* I don't buy a lot of physical books ! Wait, before you start throwing tomatoes at me, let me explain...
I love physical books, I really do, it's just that I buy ebooks more than physical books, and that is because : 

1) Once a foreign book is published, we have to wait at least from 2 to 8 months to be translated and published, and that is of course, IF and only IF a publishing house decides to actually translate it and publish it ! That sucks right !? 

2) After a year or two from a book's publication, you won't be seeing it in a lot of book stores because well, it got "old" ! That sucks too !!

3) There are some books that only exist in hardcover, and let me tell you that they are pretty expensive! 
Although not all of them since I have the Fifty Shades trilogy in paperback but still....


Knowing this, I just can't not be grateful for actually speaking english since I get to buy whatever book I want from amazon not caring whether it's going to be translated in french or not...!

So, enough with all that and let me finally show you the physical books I bought : 

The first one is Waterfall, from the Teardrop series, by Lauren Kate : 

                                                   

Gorgeous book covers and I, are like magnets ! I seriously didn't even know what this book was about when I saw it, but I just couldn't resist that cover...I honestly don't care even if the book is bad, because, well, apparently it has some pretty negative reviews on goodreads, but oh well it's pretty and it will decorate my bookshelf ! And yes, I am aware that this is the second book, they didn't have the first one....what was I saying earlier...!?

The second book is The Maze Runner, from The Maze Runner trilogy, by James Dashner : 

                                                   

There are people who love this and others who hate it, I wonder what I will think of it...!

The third and final one, is City Of Bones, the first book of The Mortal Instruments series :

                                                    

I have wanted to read this series for ages, and I finally bought the first book ! Hopefully I'll find time to actually read it soon enough !

That's it, three more physical books added to my bookshelf ^_^ !! 

                               


Also, let me tell you that I downloaded a free ebook from amazon :  

The first book of the Divisa Series, Saving Angel by J.L Weil :

                                                       

Again, I don't know what this book was about and I didn't care because, well, look at that cover, it's gorgeous! And besides, it was free so who can say no to that...right !!?
So like I said, it's free so if you guys are interested you can go and donwload it too! Apparently it's a YA-Fantasy book with a lot of romance...so I'll leave you with that !! 


So what do you guys think ? Do you know any of these books ? Have you already read them ? When was your last book haul ?...
Let me know in the comments :) 

xoxo



24 comments:

  1. Might I suggest something for obtaining 'old' physical copies? I don't know if you have them in France, but charity shops and jumble sales are a great way to obtain old books and is much kinder to your pocket/wallet/purse!
    My last book haul was a few weeks ago and I've only heard if City of Bones: I began to read it, but then I lost it!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm I think that jumble sales do exist here too; however, I'm not quite sure about charity shops selling books!
      City of bone sounds good; too bad you didn't like it!

      Delete
  2. I loved Maze Runner and City of Bones! I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I have :) Fantastic book haul!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You should definitely do more book hauls, and include those ebooks too! I am a paperback lover, but I do understand why some people love ebook as well. I do read ebooks for convenience but I am one of those people who if they loved it a lot will go and buy the paperback anyway xD

    Back to the point YOU HAVE THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS! READ IT! BE HAPPY! I am crazy about that series and cannot wait to know what you will think. I also liked the Maze Runner series too so I hope you do as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I will, sharing book hauls is great ^^ Although hardcovers are prettier, I prefer paperbacks too; I think they look better on my bookshelf hehe :)

      Well apparently you like them a lot so I hope I will too ! And yeah I will definitely write a review for each of them :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on all the books! And don't feel bad, I hardly ever buy DTB anymore unless my kids want them. I much prefer my kindle simple for the convenience of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad I'm not the only one who prefers reading on kindle :)

      Delete
  5. I am an ebook reader. It is just easier. Physical books are prettier though. Hope you enjoy all your new books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! And yeah reading on kindle is much easier :)

      Delete
  6. THAT COVER OF WATERFALL! I love it. Don't feel bad about not buying a lot of physical books, I don't either!

    Enjoy your new books and have a lovely week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right !!? Great to hear that :)

      Thank you, have a nice week ^^

      Delete
  7. Seriously! Having to wait for a book to start being sold where you live is the worst!! I totally get what you mean :'(
    The last book you shared is so very pretty! I would also have bought it for the cover alone haha <3 Can't wait to read your reviews! :D

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right !!? It's awful :/
      It is very pretty indeed, let's hope the book is good too hehe ^^
      Thank you :))

      Delete
  8. I hope you have a good school year!! Best wishes!! I need to read the mortal instruments. I have that book but haven't read it yet. Let me know what you think after you read :)

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!!
    http://thingslucyreads.blogspot.com/2015/08/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet of you; thank you :))) I will surely write a review for it, I hope it will be good ^^

      Thank you, that's so nice, I will be doing that as soon as I can ^__^ !!

      Delete
  9. Waiting for a book to be translated must be the WORST now with twitter and all of these blogs. And then there are the silly import prices if you buy books in English. BLEH.

    Lovely haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard much about Lauren Kate's new series which is strange. I guess it's not being pushed by the pub as much. :/ I LOVED City of Bones. It was my first YA series and shall always have a place in my heart :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah apparently it's not that good that's why !!
      I have heard a lot of great things about the mortal instruments so I will be reading it soon ^^

      Delete
  11. Hey Klara! I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award :) you can find it here: http://lipstickandmocha.blogspot.com/2015/09/sunshine-blogger-award-sisterhood-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla! I will surely do it this week :)

      Delete