Sunday, August 23, 2015

Review The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

     

Title : The Iron Fey Series

Author : Julie Kagawa

Genre : YA-Fantasy

Series : The Iron Fey : 4 novels and 3 e-novellas

Publication date : From 2010 to 2012

My rating : 5 out of 5 stars " Perfect "

Note : I purchased the whole series on my Kindle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a huge fantasy fan and especially a faery lover, so how could I not read this ? I mean it was a must-read. So I finally did it, I read the whole series and I loved it so much that I read all the 4 books, along with the 3 e-novellas, in week ! 
I don't know what else to say that's not already been said, what to add more about this fantastic series. I loved absolutely everything about it, all the characters, the story, the world, the creatures, the plot...etc 
I was lost in the world Kagawa created and I didn't want to leave it, it was all so beautiful that I fell in love with it from the first book. This is the best Fey story I've read and definitely one of my all-time-favorite series...no not one of them but the best of them and it will probably stay this way forever. I love a lot of book characters but I don't think I'll ever love a character like I love Meghan, Ash, Puck and Grimalkin. I loved Meghan's courage, Ash's seriousness, Puck's humour and Grimalkin's smartness. Those four will have always a very special place in my heart. So I was so sad when I was reading the fourth book because I realized that this was going to end...I didn't want it to end, I just didn't want to say goodbye...

                             

Anyway, I heard there is a spin-off : The Iron Fey : The Call Of The Forgotten Trilogy, I usually don't like spin-offs but hell to that, I will read everything that involves this series, so I will buy the whole trilogy once the last book is out.
And also, I am officially a Julie Kagawa fan, which means, this series is not the last that I am reading of her. 

Sooo...all of you fantasy lovers out there, if you haven't read this, then do it...like...now !


I highlighted so many quotes, but here are a few of my many favorites : 

"Here," continued Rob in an amiable voice, "I'll go through the whole thing, so you'll know how to answer next time." He cleared his throat and pounded at the door again. "Knock, knock!" he bellowed. "Who's there? Puck! Puck who? Puck, who will turn you into a squealing pig and stuff you in the oven if you don't get out of our way!" And with that, he banged the door open.” 

"I whispered, and a faint, tiny grin finally crossed his face, before his expression clouded and he lowered his head, touching his forehead to mine. "What do you want of me, Meghan?" he asked, a low thread of anguish flickering below the surface. Tears blurred my vision, all the fear and heartache of the past few days rising to the surface. "Just you," I whispered. "I just want you."

“I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase,” he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. “And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won’t stop until I find you, I promise.”

“Forgive me,” Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. “But I can’t…I won’t…give her up. Not now, when I’ve just found her.”

“Well,” Puck said cheerfully, forcing a rather pained smile, “it’s just like old times, isn’t it? You, me, ice-boy, the future of the Nevernever hanging in the balance…we just have to wait for Furball to show up and then it’ll be perfect.”

“I am yours to command, my queen,” he whispered, making my heart clench in complete, helpless love. “I will obey, even if you order me to cut out my own heart. Even if you order me to the hell that is the Winter Court Elysium.”

"His green eyes flashed with familiar defiance, and he stepped close, taking my hand. “Not on your life, princess,” he returned, smirking. “Though don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing. If we all end up as llamas, I’m going to spend the rest of my life following you around saying ‘I told you so’ in llama-ese.”"




17 comments:

  1. The Iron Fey is my all-time favourite series! Whenever I'm asked about my favourite series, it's always this one. Everything about this series is perfect! Meghan is a fantastic protagonist, and the world was simply amazing and easy to get lost in. I hated the fact that the original story about Meghan ended, but I'm glad there's still more to learn about the Nevernever through Ethan! Julie Kagawa's works are brilliant, and I can't wait for you to read her other series! :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is really amazing and I'm glad that you think that too ! And I totally agree with you when you say that everything about this series is perfect because well it is ^^ I can't wait to read her other books too, she is such an amazing author !

      Delete
  2. This series is just sooo good!!! Julie Kagawa is amazing <3
    It's great that you read the novellas, I loved them! You know, there's also a Valentine's special (An Iron Fey Valentine) that you can read for free on Julie's website. And a letter that Ash writes to Meghan, I don't remember when.

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad that you liked them too because they are indeed amazing !
      I was aware that there was a letter that Ash wrote to Meghan although I haven't read it...yet, but I didn't know about Valentine Special! I'll have to go and check that out ! Thank you so much for letting me know ^__^ !!!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely loved this series as well and couldn't get enough of it! I was so sad when it was over!
    I tried the spin off series and couldn't get into it for some reason but I might try it again with book two and see if it is any better.
    So happy you loved this series as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right !? This series is just soo addicting !!
      Oh I'm sorry you didn't like them, I haven't read them yet so I don't know what to say hehe :)
      Well I'm glad you loved them too ^^

      Delete
  4. You know, I haven't read this. LOL I was tempted to grab each book as it went on sale but since my taste in YA have changed, I'm afraid I won't like it as much. It's great that you had a great time with it though. Maybe I'll try it when I get a wild hair on my butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would say that this series is really worth reading and I don't think that it will disappoint you ! And who knows, maybe it will change your taste in YA again hehe :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! Kagawa's artfully created world is pretty cool. I read the first book, but your review has me anxious to continue the series. The characters are lively and likable, especially Puck. Nice review!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kagawa is really a talented author and the world she created in the Iron Fey is absolutely fantastic! I'm glad you actually read and liked the first book, the series keeps getting better so I think you will love the sequels :)

      Delete
  6. I've only read like three of these books but I did enjoy them. I'm glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I loved them and I'm glad you liked them too :)

      Delete
  7. I have a best friend who has been begging me to get these books and read them all. For some reason I own the third one (?) and not the first two, so I am going to have to go back and buy the first two before I get started! I do like fae, and good world building and plot so I can't wait to read them and discuss about them with you and my friend :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should read them! I'm sure you will love them ^^
      And yeah that would be great, I would love to discuss about these books hehe :)

      Delete
  8. The Iron Fey is series has become one of my personal favorites <3 I'm glad to hear that others love it too!

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay ! This series is perfect, glad you consider it as your favourite too :)

      Delete
  9. I want to read this series so bad. Everyone says its really good.

    Hey hey!! Just wanted to let you know that I’ve switched the name of my blog from Things Lucy Reads to The Reading Emporium!! I would love if you could re-follow on bloglovin. Here is the link: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/reading-emporium-14513933
    Thank you so much <3
    -Lucy
    http://thereadingemporium.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete