Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #1



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we-can't-wait-to-read.


Hey guys, so this is the first Waiting On Wednesday post I'm doing. I've seen a lot of bloggers doing this, and I love reading them because, well, I think they're fun and they allow us to discover new books too.

So the book that I can't wait to read, and I think I'm not the only one, is The Midnight Star by Marie Lu.



Title :  The Midnight Star
Author : Marie Lu
Series : The Young Elites #3
Publication Date : October 11th, 2016


Summary ( goodreads ) :

There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen.

Adelina Amouteru is done suffering. She’s turned her back on those who have betrayed her and achieved the ultimate revenge: victory. Her reign as the White Wolf has been a triumphant one, but with each conquest her cruelty only grows. The darkness within her has begun to spiral out of control, 
threatening to destroy all that she’s achieved.
Adelina’s forced to revisit old wounds when a new danger appears, putting not only Adelina at risk, but every Elite and the very world they live in. In order to save herself and preserve her empire, Adelina and her Roses must join the Daggers on a perilous quest—though this uneasy alliance may prove to be the real danger.

Why I'm waiting :


I still remember the first review I read of The Young Elites. It was 2 years ago, and this person on goodreads had made a very detailled review of this, and he had rated it 5 stars. So, I decided to read the blurb and eventually, bought the book. I fell in love on the first page. It was so well written, the characters were amazing, the story was flawless, in other words, the book was pure perfection. 
So, I kept reading and reading, every line, every page, every chapter, was getting better and better. The ending had me in tears. The next year, the second book came out, I read it a couple of months later because, well, I was busy with school and all that stuff. And guess what ? I fell in love with the second book too, the story got better, new characters were introduced and they were amazing, and the ending  had me in tears again. It was just so emotional. So, I can't really find the words to describe 
how much I want to read this. That ending was spectacular, and I can't wait to see what the ultimate ending is going to be. One thing is sure ( at least for me ), there will be no happy ending, and that tears will be shed...again
But, here I am, nonetheless, waiting for it to be released, I am waiting to fall in love again.


Okay, I wasn't supposed to be that emotional ^^ 


So, how about you guys ? What are you so eager to read this week ?
Let me know in the comments.

xoxo



10 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Young Elites yet. I do love the cover of this one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it! It's a great book ^^

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read The Midnight Star as well! I loved TYE and TRS. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you loved it too :))
      Have a lovely week too ^^

      Delete
  3. Great pick. This series is on my TBR list and I think I'm going to have to pick it up soon based on these rave reviews!

    Have a lovely week.

    Book Reviews By Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those books are awesome ! I highly recommend them ^^

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Now I haven't read any of the books in this series myself yet, but I can definitely understand why you would be waiting on this one. It just sounds so cool! And that cover <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you will read them, they're really good :))
      That cover is awesome indeed ^^

      Delete
  5. I have literally hundred of theories about this book! There are so many possibilities for Adelina and Rafe and Violetta, and given that the plot has been completely unexpected in both books, I have absolutely no idea what to expect, except that it's going to be an amazing conclusion!!!
    Erika @ Books and Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be an awesome conclusion and I just can't wait to read it ^^

      Delete